Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stress Sucks...

I have got so many things on my mind right now. Last Thursday, we found out that Jason's mom had a mini stroke. I called Jason at work at 8 a.m. that morning to tell him, then he called me back at 11:15 to inform me that he just came out of a meeting at work where they were all informed that the plant is shutting down in 6 months (or less if you ask Jason). Well, Jason's mom doesn't have any residual effects of the stroke except that she's having surgery on Wednesday (tomorrow) to remove/clean out plaque build up in her corotid artery. So, on a good note, I think she's going to be ok. As for the job, I know that this is a great opportunity for Jason to find something else that is a better fit for us and I keep saying to myself that God will get us through this and something great will come out of it (which I truly believe). But in the end, my very human, insecure, worrying self can't help but be concerned. Jason says we can survive a while on unemployment because we have a little bit in savings too, but who wants to live on their emergency fund? Losing his job also means losing health insurance, which means we may need to stop trying to get pregnant (maybe too late). Then, this week, we find out at church that one of our members and his daughter were in a severe car accident and he is on life support at UK with no brain activity. He's the father of three and really a wonderful guy. And to top it off, my cousin is praying that something job wise works out for her because she's due to go back to work in 2 weeks after her maternity leave, but can God use her elsewhere...which brings me to my own dilema...hmmmm....I won't say what that is just yet...just know that I'm praying about it and that God's will would be done in then entire situation. So, this is my rambling of a thoughtful week. I've got no one here at work to talk to about any of this, so I thought I'd jot it down. It really didn't help all that much, but...here ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment